Victory Over Temptation
For the next two Sundays, I will be preaching on how to defeat the temptations that we face on a daily basis.
Scripture: Luke 4:1-13
Text: Luke 4:13
Theme: Victory Over Temptation
Victory over temptation is essential before we can live and minister for God. No temptation has ever confronted us that Jesus Christ has not confronted. In His confrontation, Jesus reveals what lies behind each temptation and how to conquer it. Once it has been conquered, we can then live a victorious life and serve God effectively.
1. Being prepared to serve God (v.1-2).
2. Temptation 1: to meet the necessities of life by His own power (v.3-4).
3. Temptation 2: to seek His ambition through compromise (v.5-8).
4. Temptation 3: to prove Himself through sensationalism (v.9-12).
5. Conclusion: Satan left Jesus for a while (v. 13-15).
Come worship with us on Sunday mornings at 8:00 or 11:00.
Sunday School begins at 9:15.
May God continue to bless you and your family.