Blessed are those who are protected by God
Sermon for Sunday March 4th, 2018
Scripture: Psalm 32:1-7
Text: Psalm 32:7
Theme: Blessed are those who are protected by God.
Psalm 32 is the first of thirteen maschil psalms, meaning it is instructive in nature. After committing horrendous sin, covering it, and finally confessing it to the Lord, David vowed to use his experience to teach transgressors the ways of the Lord, that they might turn to Him. Psalm 32 is the fulfillment of his oath. It was so important to David to emphasize this instruction that he included three selahs—pauses for meditation and reflection. The psalmist’s instruction is clear and compelling: do not harbor sin in your heart but confess it promptly to the Lord. When you do, you will find that God is waiting to forgive and cleanse you, to remove your guilt and restore you to fellowship with Himself. This is, Why You Should Seek the Lord and His Forgiveness, 32:1-11.
1. God will bless you if you repent (vv. 1-2).
2. God disciplines the unrepentant (vv. 3-4).
3. God will forgive you if you confess your sins (v. 5).
4. God will protect you if you are godly (forgiven) (vv. 6-7).
5. God will instruct and teach you, guide and watch over you (vv. 8-9).
6. God’s love will surround you if you truly trust Him (vv. 10-11).
We pray that you will come and worship with us on Sunday’s at 8:00 or 11:00, Sunday School is at 9:15.
We also have worship service on Wednesday’s at 12:00, followed by Bible Study classes at 1:00 & 7:30. Every other Wednesday we have a 5:00 Bible Study Class. Prayer Services and a host of other activities are also held throughout the week.
May God richly Bless you and your family.